Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Miss Hutchinson.

It's been an exciting few days. First and foremost, I've been accepted to study my post graduate diploma of education, so I can be a secondary teacher. I suppose deep down, I've always wanted to be a teacher, and it will be good to have this qualification for my future travels. Teachers can also earn reasonably good money, so it's a win win. I want to teach English, and perhaps drama, media and history, and maybe even dance.

I'm so looking forward to going back to uni. Since I graduated I've been working full time and while the money is the motivator to work, I find myself endlessly drained by it all. It's not to do with the hours of the day, it's more so that I'm spending so much of my time in something I don't have a passion for. I can't wait to be back at uni and working towards something I know I want to do. I couldn't deal with working in a job I didn't want for the rest of my life.

Now I just have to tell my boss; and since I've been there I've been given responsibility of the "supervisor", "manager" if you like of our department, so he won't want me to drop to part time. But I can't let guilt prevent me from doing what I want to do.

I'm typing this from my new Macbook Pro - a no doubt perk of my job and it's staff discounts. I have wanted a new laptop for so long and now I'm going back to uni it was time to upgrade.

I started pole dancing again yesterday. I used to do it before I went to Europe and it's so good for fitness. I've woken up covered in bruises but love it. It was fantastic to start up a dance class again and put on some heels. I'm going to resume burlesque classes again.

Things are looking up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment