Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"Youth's A Stuff Will Not Endure."

When I was in my final year of school, we went on trips to the various uni's in our state. I remember going to Curtin in Year 12 and telling my friends and teachers that I was going to go there. It felt right. I was accepted to attend there the following year. I've always loved my uni, and can't imagine going to another one.

I'm officially back at Curtin. I can't express how thankful I am to be back wandering around the campus with a genuine feeling of inspiration and idealisation within me once more. Full time work, specifically full time work in a job I know I don't want to pursue is draining. It's as though I'm back on track once more, and I can already see my destination.

I'm still adjusting to the notion of studying for a profession, as opposed to an area. While I was studying my degree in writing, the scope for well paid careers to struggling authors to using the degree as purely a hobby was huge. It seems all discussions on furthering our studies into the workforce were never specific, whereas now the whole class are aiming for the same job. I like that.

Uni will be difficult at times, especially when I'm on prac but I'm excited for the challenge. While I know I'll grow to resent the self inflicted all nighter assignment cramming sessions, bitching at the parking and whinging about the uni's nightmare of a server, I couldn't be happier.

We did some exercises to determine if we have a brain that is more right or left hemisphere, also to appreciate when we become teachers, we have to see other learning perspectives of our students. Although I already knew it, I use a lot more of the right side of my brain, which is essentially creative and not as focused on logic and structure. It's interesting how different we can all be; though I suppose it's the mix of people that bring it all together.

A classmate said something along the lines today of: "art is so technical, yet it's based entirely on your dreams." I love that sentiment. We are infinite. Our dreams and our beliefs are only limited by ourselves. We have the power to conjure the world into the version we render suitable and inspirational enough. Thoughts manifest into ideas. And if you're artistic enough to create the impossible, we have planted the vision into those who are logical enough to create it.

With every good book I finish, poem I write, person I make smile and class I go to, I know that not only am I getting my life back, I'm on my way to making it even better than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment