Monday, January 17, 2011

My Best Friend

My best friend;
her name is Daisy,
She's one of a kind,
And sorta crazy.
We met at uni,
Studying news,
And soon bonded
Over cheap booze,
Goon bags and OJ,
Passion pop,
Oh thankyou our juvie friend,
Mark Scott.
The three of us,
We formed a crew
That greatly grew
By semester two,
We hated class,
And presentations,
But somehow pulled off
Good relations
With tutors who
We phoned up drunk,
And others who
Rambled of phallic junk.
Then I bailed
On my journo-babes,
To do the writing
I'd always craved,
But I was still part of the brat pack,
Catch ups
Were never slack,
Tav Tuesdays,
Filthy nights
Where me and Doops
Just might
Have ditched the party early,
To go home and watch
Something girly,
Massages,
Shared PJ's,
Sex and the City,
Or Grey's,
Party animals,
All-nighters,
Kidding, rather
Sleep tighters.
I know we were close
When 3 months in,
She proposed,
I plan her ending,
Over pie,
She detailed
The ins and outs,
Of her goodbye.
We've been there
For boyfriend break-ups,
Make-ups,
Support to say "get fucked",
Tears and
Daily breakdowns,
Hourly calls
And drowns
Of alcohol
In filthy bars,
Or takeaway
In our cars.
We're not that much different,
Me and Doopy,
Sure I'm poetic,
And she's loopy,
She's classy, yet crude,
Together we're rude,
She's clever and funny,
Makes my day sunny,
She's loving and kind,
Can read my mind,
Somehow we fit,
'Cause we're both kinda sick,
We balance each other,
Quite literally at Clubba,
Not really, I lied,
We just got some fries,
We're pasty, but tasty,
Are always hasty,
To fill each other in,
On what's occurring,
My friend,
My sister,
Good god I will miss her,
When she's down in Bunbury,
And I'll be near Bloomsbury,
Going to theatre,
And reading books,
She'll be learning how to cook,
But we'll talk,
All the time,
That friend is mine,
Til the end,
Always there to lend,
A laugh or a smile,
And 12,000 miles
Won't mean a thing,
To us girls that sing,
Really bad,
Don't be sad
'Cause the best is yet to come,
We have years left of fun,
My best friend, my Dais,
You truly amaze,
Me day by day,
So this is just to say
I love you.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment