Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Some of My Poems...

Reflective Control


Last night's makeup,
Ruffled curls
And lips that pause for thought,
Soft and intrigued.
And looking.
Compelled to reveal,
Eager to share
And to be
Only me.
When I peer at my reflection,
It's foreignly familiar,
There's a strength that has grown,
Though naivety lingers
Like a shadow in the dark.
I'll hum to myself,
Those songs of past comfort,
And remain poised,
Fierce to the dangers of the night,
And the world,
That questions my place.
Forgive me
For not knowing all that I can,
And I'll accommodate
Eagerly
Until i know what is home,
What is right.
I want to feel, and to think,
To be trapped in a company
That offers serenity,
Simplicity.
But I'm getting better at this,
I enjoy it
Though selfishly
I'm fueled by expression
And I crave to explore,
What I write about.
I'm searching for the story
That will make me what I am,
And what I idealise
It makes me as anxious
And as excited as you do,
It's beyond my control.
We don't make these decisions.
So why should we try?
Give me words and tales
Of crafted meaning,
Let me find what I need to be free
Of these thoughts
That race through my head
Like an ocean tide,
Drawing back from climax
And edging closer and closer
To another source of control.
Feel my frustration,
Find a solution to my torment
And be free.
I'll be doubtful and upset
With what I see.
But I'll appreciate
What's looking back at me.

Haiku

Feet rest in cold sand,
speckled clouds smile down on me,
where did our love go?


Collision

Time withers,
Time grows,
And as I wait,
I hear it.
I feel it,
I know
In my heart,
I have to do it.
Give up the battle
And stop fighting.
You're rolling in like a tide,
I feel the pull,
I'm the shores
Waiting eagerly for collision.
I've grown
Through this time.
I've loved, and I've lost,
But where am I now?

No comments:

Post a Comment