Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Expiry Date Girl & Work Feng Shui - Let The Games Begin.

Two weeks ago I probably wouldn’t believe you that I have a boyfriend, a new job, and have become a member of the Australian University Games. It’s been a whirlwind of a week, but exciting all the same.

I’ve transferred to a different store after nearly three years at my old one. A work “feng shui”, if you like. Without delving into deep and dirty details that would just leave me as bad as gossipers, I decided I was suited to a workplace that was without politics, high school cliques and mind games. I’m much happier for it. So far, everyone at the new store has been friendly and I’m able to do my job without becoming subject to discussion that is unnecessary.

I’ve scored a job as a Curtin Media Representative for the Australian University Games, held in Perth this year. Next week, myself, and my friends Sophie and Jen will be carting all over Perth stadiums to watch, report, interview athletes, update websites and be involved in AUG. We also get to attend the social events that are on every night, which has dress-up themes such as Retro Sports, Gender Bender and Go for Gold. I may not be the sportiest of people, let’s rephrase that; I definitely have a limited knowledge of the 28 sports my uni is competing in, but it should be a fantastic week that will give me a web of experience. Considering I now have a boyfriend that has an interest in sports it may be useful to understand the rules of footy if I’m ever forced to watch a match.

So, it’s goodbye to being a single gal and so far, it seems to be a mix of being strange and lovely, but I’m getting used to it. I’ve still got next year and my grand plans on my mind, but the potential topic of being an expiry date girl have been put on hold for now; I just want to have a fabulous summer and enjoy my graduation, 21st birthday and what I hope to be amazing times with family and friends.

This next month is going to be one of the hardest, in terms of time that I’ve ever had to face, purely because I’m nearing the end of my final uni semester and have got a literal overload of assignments due, extra jobs for AUG and a full time roster. The pay is much needed, and I’ll be smiling once payday hits, but I know week 14 will be a huge victory for my sleeping habits. Plus family are arriving from the UK, summer is slowly creeping up (and the layers are cheekily coming off), and Christmas is on its way. Bring. It. On.

No comments:

Post a Comment