Monday, October 17, 2011

"So You Went To School To Relearn How To Smile..."




I've now finished all of my classes this semester, and had the relief of dropping off my last assignment today. It's been a tough twelve weeks, and I've still got five weeks of prac to go but I'm really excited. From what I've been told, you don't learn anything until you go onto prac, but I still feel like I've come a long way since the beginning of semester.

I truly adore university and I'm really happy I went back to study. While there are moments where you quite literally want to cry, or you're up into the early hours of the morning trying to piece together an essay that seems an impossible mountain to climb, it is worth it in the end.





It was my best friend's birthday on the weekend. We had the most beautiful day, starting off with an amazing three course meal at a restaurant on the river, followed on with a great night at her house. It was lovely to be with some of our uni friends again and to have a party.

These last few months have given me exactly what I've needed to get back on my feet and move forward. Without a doubt I know becoming a teacher is the right decision for me, and although it has been an unfortunate twist of fate that has gotten me to this, at least something good has come of it. I've met some amazing people,

I once wrote that becoming an adult brings sadness closer to the surface and our ability to bounce back from it seems harder than when we were children. I still believe that, but I think that being an adult also provides choices. We have the power to change our course and steer our lives in the right direction for us; we have the ability to create our own happiness. Going back to uni has given this to me. Every assignment handed in, coffee shared with some friends, good grades back far outweigh the pressure of assignments and stress. Every day I am paving my future, sealing my happiness and ridding myself from the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment