Monday, November 8, 2010

A Stroke Of Bad Luck...

You may say I've ran into some bad luck. At the start of this year, I remember predicting it to be one of the best year's of my life thus far. I was to turn 20, backpack Europe graduate university. While I've done these things, I didn't predict to be ill for over 6 months, lose friendships that have been monumental to my last few years, be bullied out of my workplace and be involved in 3 car accidents within a week. This semester has been the most grueling one I've ever faced. The pressure of being so close to the end of my degree has been tantalising, and overloading units and overworking has been at times far too much to bear. While I adapted to my transfer quite well following an abrupt departure of my previous shop, the stress the company throws upon all of its colleagues will never depart with a change of location.

I have a lot to be thankful for from the last three years of my employment. I've met some amazing people that will be lifelong friends, and I've also met others that I've held so close to me that I never thought I'd let them go. However, as life lessons goes, people let you down. People disappoint you. And let me tell you (all) I'm extremely disappointed in the sadistic, selfish, childish and uncompromising people you've become.

With the bad luck in life generally coming in three's lets hope my luck's back up. I scored a new job, ironically, with a car insurance company that I'm starting next week. I've also (bar 3 assignments that will be done at the end of the week) finished my last semester of my degree. The whole gang celebrated with a brilliant party last week. As we drank, I spoke to my friends mum about what everyone may become. Let our ideals and dreams remain our biggest motivation to get there, and not let our degrees remain dusty on a shelf.

And I've met someone who makes me happy. And most importantly, wants to be with me as much I want to with him. I'm looking forward to an amazing summer, and to see what grand plans and dreams will become..

No comments:

Post a Comment