Monday, August 23, 2010

Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon.

I love afternoons when days are sunny, I'm not committed to work or uni, Stephen Fry and hair dye, and Itunes surprises you with some of Pulp Fiction's best featured songs.

I mentioned last post that I have these big and bold plans to pack up my life and start afresh in the big city. In saying, I still have up to a year left until I hope to leave so I plan to make it fantastic.

In less than 3 months I will have completed my Bachelor of Professional Writing and Publishing. First grandchild to get a degree, or even go to university for that matter. With the exceptions of 8am starts, frantic hours scanning the campus for a park (and dreading the sinister parking inspector) and late nights (even weekend ones!) pouring over a computer in the Abacus labs, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Curtin. So much in fact, that perhaps I shall return one day. They say those that can't, teach - and considering the limited and competitive nature of the careers I'm approaching I may have to surrender to the position of university tutor. Which wouldn't be all bad, I love the uni life, and perhaps I can be one of those tutors we all adore that join their students at the Tav.

So, the next few months await my Aunty and cousin visiting, with a trip to Margaret River (as I've not even been), a festival filled summer and a 21st that will hopefully conclude in a girl's trip overseas. We've all got big plans and I'm looking forward to a chance to have an amazing trip together first.

I'll grab what I can from WA, 'cause you know, chances are I will miss it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment